• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipment Profile Help

beerman007

New Forum Member
Reaction score
At this point I am only making 5 gallon batches and I'm going to be using a 10 gallon cooler HLT, 10 gallon cooler MLT, and a blichmann 10 gallon boil kettle. Suggestions on the best equipment profile.  Could I use the 10 gallon profile that is preloaded and scale it to 5 gallon batch or would it be better to create an equipment profile specifically for what I'm using?  If I should set one up what are the best specs?  Thanks for the help.

First, view the video Brad has posted on setting up your equipment profile and threads available on the forum which explain further the steps that need to be taken.  I would recommend copying an equipment profile that is close to what you have for equipment, renaming it, and then go through each input of the profile and customize it to your equipment.  The more accurate you can be in providing this information, the better the program will be at predicting the results of your brew day.

Back