• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Unable to find grain types in beersmith

brentconn

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have to admit I am a little frustrated using beersmith. My first all grain batch, the yeast wasn't listed. Now I am brewing a Belgian Strong Golden Ale from NB and I could only find 1 of the 3 grains used in that recipe. I was unable to find Belgian Pilsner and Belgian Cara 8. Am I missing something here?

thanks,

Brent

I'm not at home, but on the mobile version I'm seeing the Belgian Pilsner (scroll down to Pilsner, Belgian). 

I see on this thread http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=153160 that Cara 8 is akin to Carapils, but the carapils/dextrine in mobile is only an SRM of 2.  That's all the help I've got for now, other than mentioning that you could add it by hand if you have all the pertinent information to plug in.

You can add the Dingemann malts (included are the Cara 8 and their Belgian Pilsner malt) into your grain profiles by clicking on "add-ons" from either the toolbar or 'file' menu. Then click the 'add' button and scroll down until you see the 'Dingemans malts (13 grains).'  Click on this and then click the 'install add-on' button to add these to your grain choices.

Back