• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hops- Rager to Tinseth and Back?

HopSong

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm using BS 2.2.12

Most of the recipes I'm using are from Brewing Classic Styles which defaults to Rager as I understand it.  BS defaults to Tinseth.

For a SPECIFIC recipe, is there a way to value bitterness using Rager?.. or is it a global change for all recipes?  I may well find another recipe using Tinseth that I'd like to try and later add.. So, I'd like to be able to do either without affecting the saved recipes.

Looking at some posts using search, they say something about Hops | Options.  I can't find an Option tab to save my life.

Hope I'm being clear here

Right above the recipe window, the farthest right icon is a gear. That is the Options button. Within that pop up window, you select Bitterness to change hop calculations for the style bar.

On the design page, in the lowest right hand column of summaries, you'll find a "select fields" button. You can choose to display both Rager and Tinseth totals as part of the summary.

Brewfun.  Thanks for taking the time to help me out.  Now to try it :)

Back