• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew Day variables needing change or confirmation

Rep

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hello

As I poke around Beer Smith and set up my own brewery information I am developing a couple of questions.  Please know that one of the major reasons I decided to go with Beer smith is its quality but also the support provided.

My question:

Is there a list of variables that I should be changing or confirming on Brew Day?  ie, the temperature of my grain and mash tun may be one such example.  Are there others?  If so, please advise.

If there are,, then I would recommend you consider listing these changebale Brew Day factors right on the Brew Sheet as a reminder to the brewer that before we print off our final sheet, the following variables need to be considered for confirmation or change.

Hi,
  The only two obvious items I can think of are the grain/tun temperature and brew date.  Also, you would want to record and enter the OG and FG as you brew.

I'm thinking of expanding the "session" type data in a future version to include additional items.  No firm details yet, but that is one enhancement I'm toying with.

Cheers!
Brad

Back