• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

DON'T!!!! use the undo button when you are in the middle of a brew session!!!

rokgoblin

Apprentice
Reaction score
Let me begin by saying I am a long time user and lover of BeerSmith and it has been an awesome 7 years so far.  Thanks Brad!!!

Now, on to the issue...I was brewing along using BeerSmith and making notes in my recipe for that specific batch.  I screwed up and accidentally overwrote some text in the notes and decided to try to get it back by using the "undo" button. 

Let's just say the next thing that happened made me clench my fists and shout expletives at my PC.  Clicking undo put my recipe back to the original condition before I started my brew day.  Timers were reset, gravity values, etc, and all notes were gone, and there was no way to get them back.  In hindsight, if I had been clicking the save button between edits all would not have been lost...just a bit of notes.

Is there something I should know here?

Perhaps Brad can add a prompt to help us idiots out before we do something we cannot recover from.  Perhaps something like "Are you sure you want to erase everything?  If yes, please click continue."  ;)  I assumed it would just undo the most recent changes, and not everything  :mad: :'(

Sorry for the reposts....my browser was stuck in limbo and it didn't appear to be posting  :-[

Back