• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

My First Recipe - Tropical (?) IPA

jmastera

New Forum Member
Reaction score
So I did things a little weird I guess some might say. I went All Grain, BIAB, No Chill, Custom(ish) Recipe, all on my first brew. I did have the help of my brother who has gone through many batches over the last 2 years. I took a grain bill from user enohcs on another site, and modified his hops and hop schedule to fit my intent. Brew day went great, and SG came out right at 1.070. Primary fermentation is rolling along nicely on day 3. As I do not have a kegerator at this time, I am most likely going to bottle but I have a little bit to figure that out.

Just looking to see what some of the veterans (anyone with more than one brew is a veteran compared to me) think about how this will tunr out. Wai-iti reads very well in terms of the profile it will impart, but anyone other there use it and love it?

According to the app I should end up with an FG of 1.015, IBU at 98.3, and ABV at 7.29.

Mash Time (Minutes): 60
Mash Temp: 152, Starting 159
Boil Volume (Keggle): 8.5 Gal
Boiling Time (Minutes): 90

American Rahr (2 row) Pale         11.5lb
American Briess Crystal 20         1lb
American Briess Light Munich         0.75lb
American Briess Carapils                 0.75lb
American Briess Torrified Wheat 0.25lb

Chinook 1oz         30min
Amarillo 1.5oz 30min
Wai-iti 1oz         15min