• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cost doesn't reflect decimal costs

N

nonbrewer

I am having problems loading cost as a decimal value in dollars.  Is there a best practices for $1.30 for an oz. of Hops?

You should be able to enter 1.30 as the price unless there is something strange with your currency settings under Windows.  BeerSmith does use the default Windows settings, so if you are in europe, for example, it will use the comma as decimal point instead.

Cheers!
Brad

I am having the same problem. I just installed v1.4 onto Windows Vista. I am located in the US and I checked to make sure my currency settings are correct, which they are. I still can’t enter a decimal in the "Price" field.

For example, i want to state that I can buy 500 bottles caps at a time for $0.01 (or even less would be good), but the cheapest I can go is $1, which of course is way too much. (This is on the shopping list and inventory pages)

Hi,
  Strange - I'm running Vista and the latest version of BeerSmith now and you can enter anything down to 0.01 as the unit price - I just veritifed this in Shopping view.

Just to double check - go to the Vista control panel, click on "Clock, Language and Region" selection, then on the next page click on "Regional and Language options".  Make sure you have the Current Format under Formats tab set to English(United States), and also the Location set to "United States".  These locale settings are used to generate the number formats under BeerSmith.

Looking at the code, it appears this gets reset every time you enter the program, so if the windows locale is OK, it should reset these options and display correctly.

Sincerely,
Brad

I just wanted to add to this. I am also seeing this -  I can't input any decimal numbers.  What it does, is  it instantly tires to round it to the nearest dollar.  I am running XP, and my location is set as the US.

OK,
  I'll take another look at it, but by default it uses the local currency settings.  Perhaps I can make it an option to override those settings.

Cheers!
Brad

I am having the same problem - I can only have whole number integers for the costs. I just installed 1.4 two days ago (trial so far) and I am running XP. I doubled checked my settings and they are set to the standard USA stuff.

Also, I love all the handy aspects to Beer Smith so far!

I'll have a beta patch to try in a few days if you want to drop me an email. 

Brad

Back