• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Grain Pricing?

rbc1225

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am sorry if this is a repeat question and maybe I am not doing something correctly but when I put the pricing in either a recipe or even in the grain database, shouldn't one update the other? If nothing else when I do the grain list and put a price in there update a recipe or have an option to? Just curious.

Thanks

The way BeerSmith is set up, each recipe is self-contained.  This way when you make changes in the future to your profiles or ingredients (AA% for hops, for instance) it does not affect the record of recipes already brewed.

Always change the grain pricing in your database if you want it to be a permanent change.  Within a specific recipe if it is only a temporary change.

You can always update the prices within a recipe with a singe click.  Open the recipe you want to update and in the far right column of options (under the icon of the beer glass) there is an option to '$ update prices'.  When you click this option, BeerSmith will update all the pricing data for the ingredients within that recipe.

That makes perfect sense and I had a feeling there was a button I was missing. I found it thanks to your help.

Thanks again

Back