• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Windows 10

Lollo

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Lorenzo from Italy, Rome.

I'm going to update my PC from w7 to w10.
I would like to know if whit this update I'm going to lose beersmith 2 or not.
thank you very much

Lollo, italian hb :D

It should run just fine on Windows 10 - if you find any issues let me know.

Brad

I'm getting an error upon start up after Windows' updated to Build 10162. I'm getting the error below. I've tried compatibility modes for windows 7 and 8. Still get the error.

Follow up. The error is on my laptop and I also tried reloading Beersmith. It is running fine on my desktop running the same version of Windows 10162, so I'm not sure where the error is coming from.

Hi,
  So far all of the problems I've seen with Windows 10 have to do with Windows 10 changing file permissions during the in place upgrade.
It seems to leave the main user account without permissions to many files in the documents directory (including BeerSmith) for some
users.

The correction is to make sure all of the files under Documents/BeerSmith2 are owned and writable by your main user account.

Here is a thread describing the problem (with pictures and such) after upgrade.  The same would apply to the Documents/BeerSmith2 folder.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/9634-unable-create-save-files-documents-pictures-folders.html

Cheers,
Brad

Back