• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Strawberry Braggot Recipe help

GundyGang1

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just curious on how to brew this one, how long to let it sit, etc... This style seems like there's less information out there... Going for a honey, strawberry, wine like braggot... 50-60% honey base.

Mash
4 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US
2 lbs Vienna Malt (Briess)
1 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L

Mash Steps
Mash In Add 9.35 qt of water at 167.3 F 152.0 F 60 min
Batch sparge with 2 steps (Drain mash tun , 5.80gal) of 168.0 F water

Boil Ingredients
0.50 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Boil 45.0 min
1.00 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 mins)
0.50 oz Amarillo [9.20 %] - Boil 5.0 min
8 lbs Honey [Boil for 5 min]

Yeast
1.0 pkg Lalvin D-47
1.0 pkg Nottingham Yeast

Secondary Ingredients
5.00 lb Strawberry (Secondary 5.0 days)

I'm curious how this will turn out.  It sounds like something my wife might like!  Keep us informed please.

Will do!Wont be brewing it for a few months, but was working on the recipe tonight. Any thoughts on the timing? I'm thinking let primary get almost complete, rack to secondary with strawberries for 5 days and then rack to bottles or keg after that... Curious also about priming sugar with the strawberries... Don't want gushers...

I personally have had better luck fermenting the beer and the mead separate from each other and then blend them after.  I usually start the mead about a month before I brew.

Back