• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Missing Ingredients on Recipes

K

kebrown

I cannot see any of the ingredients on my recipes. When I preview the brewsheet they are shown. I also cannot add ingredients to any new recipes. Does any one know the fix for this problem.

Try the following first:
  1) Go to the C:\Program Files\BeerSmith directory
  2) Make a backup of the *.bsm files (just to be safe) in that directory
  3) Delete the files named Options.bsm as well as Options_1.bak, Options_2.bak (and the remaining Options*.bak files)
  4) Delete the file "newopts14.opt"  -- which I'm beginning to believe is the real culprit here...
  4) Restart BeerSmith

That should fix it - but if you still have problems then drop me an email.  I'm working on a patch to correct this problem and should have something to test later this week.

Cheers!
Brad

I followed the instructions and it now work as it should.

Thanks for the quick response.

You all may be aware of this but i'll post anyway..

i only deleted the file "newopts14.opt" and it solved the problem

cheers

All,
  Yes, and I have a "beta version" patch to correct this problem available now.  So far it has worked well but I want to get a few others to try it.  If you have this problem, drop me an email and I will send you a link to the patch.

Thanks,
Brad

I just wanted to let you know that I have this problem also now. I just sent you an email so if you want me to try out the patch I can do that for you.

Hi,
  Actually I just released the patch as the latest version (build 33).  You can get it from the main download page and it should fix the problem:

http://www.beersmith.com/download.htm

Cheers!
Brad

I reinstalled the program from the new download and it didn't fix my problem :(

EDIT. I did notice that i have a newopt14.opts and a newopts.opts file in the directory. If i renamed the newopts14.opts to .old it now works.

Back