• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Set Bottle Date

monsteroyd

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is there an easier way to set the bottle date other than having to go into the Fermentation and edit the number of days it fermented? It seems like a natural fit to have BS just figure it out when I set the date I bottled it.

Thanks
Monty

Came here (and signed up) to ask a similar question.

What would be amazing is if BeerSmith could be used for not only tracking your brew day but also bottling and become a full overall system from recipe to design to actually drinking the beer! I'm currently using notes to store information about when I bottled, how many bottles I ended up with and so on. It would be great if there could be a way of tracking fermentation data - gravity on a particular fermentation day as you test throughout the fermentation - how many bottles, bottling date and so on.

Cheers,

welly

OK, you go to your design and set  bottling date.  How does BeerSmith use that date to adjust your fermentation profile?  Does it lop days off or add days on to your primary fermentation?  Your Secondary, if there is one? Your cold crash?

BeerSmith is designed to be modeling software.  It can only respond to the inputs you give it in terms of materials and process.  Inputting a bottling date only gives it an output result and not how you arrived there.

OTOH, it would be good to have some sort of monitoring page to input actual temperatures, times and checked gravity versus the profile the program is presented with.

Oginme said:
OK, you go to your design and set  bottling date.  How does BeerSmith use that date to adjust your fermentation profile?  Does it lop days off or add days on to your primary fermentation?  Your Secondary, if there is one? Your cold crash?

BeerSmith is designed to be modeling software.  It can only respond to the inputs you give it in terms of materials and process.  Inputting a bottling date only gives it an output result and not how you arrived there.

OTOH, it would be good to have some sort of monitoring page to input actual temperatures, times and checked gravity versus the profile the program is presented with.

Ok that's a good point. For me, it is just the number of days in the fermentor. So I guess I could ask for an enhancement to provide a dialog where I set the date of each of those, as applicable.

Ok, thanks for the response, at least I understand why it is done the way it is in the program.

Monty

Back