• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Bug? Help!

RZH

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

First post here but I hope you can help. (Apologies in advance if this is a duplicate post but I have searched and searched to no avail).

Downloaded BeerSmith at the start of June, used it to formulate and help brew my first ever AG beer - all went great.

However, I have an infuriating issue that is driving me insane - it may well be a part of the software but I can't see why it would be.

Every time I click ANYTHING within the program (top menu bar excluded) a downloading dialog box pops up and I am then taken to my browser (Google Chrome) where I see that loads of random and often duplicated tabs have been opened. Please see the attached images for reference. (You can just about see the pop up on the BeerSmith screen, it was very hard to time the print screen!)
Surely this isn't normal?

I've scoured the settings for any relevant options and I've reinstalled numerous times with no luck. Any help is much appreciated, this issue is putting me off using what is clearly a brilliant piece of software.

Thanks.

Robbie.

BeerSmith is browser based. It works best with IE. Even if you don't use IE regularly, BeerSmith will run smoothly if it has access to it.

To follow up further with what Brewfun has said, it would appear as though you have some sort of virus affecting your browser (Google Chrome) which is highjacking your pages.

Since I don't know what you have or how you set your security settings, I cannot make specific suggestions, but this is where I would start.

brewfun said:
BeerSmith is browser based. It works best with IE. Even if you don't use IE regularly, BeerSmith will run smoothly if it has access to it.

Forgot to update this.

Thank you for this suggestion, you were spot on. Reinstalled IE and its mere presence sorted everything out.

Many thanks again.

Back