• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lost Hops

vinpaysdoc

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Running BeerSmith2 on the PC now for 2 years. Lost my Hops connection this morning. All the other ingredients show up in their lists but the Hops page is blank. This results in no hops pre-populated when I try to add hops. When I use File Manager and click on the Hops.bsmx file the file will load. It will not load in the program. Do I simply uninstall and reinstall the program?

Thanks.

That's an odd disconnect.

All of your custom profiles and ingredients are found in Documents/BeerSmith2. As long as this is intact, you're good.

First, backup your documents/beersmith2 folder as a precaution.

With BeerSmith closed, go to documents/beersmith2 and click on Hops5. This should open BeerSmith and hopefully, you'll see your hops list.

With BeerSmith open, go to Ingredients > Hops and that window should open. If the symptoms you described are persistent, this window should be blank? If that's true, then go back to the Hops5 list and select all. Then simply copy and paste them to the ingredients window.

Click close on the ingredients window and it will save the hops. You can now close the Hops5 window. You'll be prompted to save the file, you can click no.

If this doesn't do the trick, backing up the documents/beersmith2 folder, then reinstalling BeerSmith and replacing the default documents/beersmith2 with your backup is the next option. 

That worked. It's saved and the program works as it should.

Thanks!

Back