• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Proof of crystal clear beer without a secondary!

Scott Ickes

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
This is my Grapefruit Session IPA.  I went straight from primary into the keg.  It's crystal clear!!

You can even see the Blue Cat Brew Pub logo on the far side of the glass and picture of the catfish.

I just thought that I'd share for those of you that are still leery of going from primary straight to the bottle or keg.

How long did you keep it in primary Scott? Also, did you use any clarifier like whirlfloc or something?

I used Irish Moss the last 10 minutes of the boil.  I also used hop bags to keep my hop particles down when it went to the primary.  I kegged it at two weeks and was drinking it in 18 days after brewing.

I made a hoppy citrus session wheat the same day and it is just as clear too.  It also was kegged in 15 days and drinking in 18 days.

I had a request for this recipe.  Here it is...

I tried putting the recipe as a Beersmith recipe, but it was too large.

Attachments

• Grapefruit Session IPA.pdf
    114.1 KB · Views: 15
Scott Ickes said:
I had a request for this recipe.  Here it is...

I tried putting the recipe as a Beersmith recipe, but it was too large.

Thanks!!!!

Found a killer recipe for Grapefruit Sculpin, but I think I'll try this one first.

Back