• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith keeps looking to use non-existent MyDocuments path

groom

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I installed BS to my work laptop (Windows 7) a while back on the 21 day trial. Didn't really use it. Forgot about it. Uninstalled it. Got interested again and bought an activation key. Reinstalled. Activated. Upon first launch or subsequent launch I get prompted to select a folder to store recipe and ingredient files. I choose a local directory location.

Got a load of errors (20+) upon launch

e.g.
BSDocument::Init Can't create BeerSmith/Reports directory
Directory '<old company mydocuments path>' couldn't created (error5:access is denie...
Error while saving table - Tools, Error while saving - Advanced Search
Can't open file '<old company mydocuments path>/BeerSmith2/urpts.bxml' error3:the system cannot ...

How do I stop BS looking for an non-existent path? I search the Registry for Beersmith but didn't find anything useful. Any help greatly appreciated.

TL;DR
How do I remove the hooks of a previous installation of BS

I worked around this issue by changing My 'My Documents' path in the registry from an old unreachable path to a local path

Back