• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Anyone willing to host a download mirror

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
All,
  I've had some complaints of people being unable to download BeerSmith recently - I'm working the problem with my web service, though I suspect I'm hitting some kind of limit with holiday traffic. 

In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone out there has a web site with some extra bandwidth who would be willing to host the main downloads (beersmith.exe and beersmith.zip) as mirrors.  We would need to be able to periodically update the files as a new version is released.

If interested contact me via email - thanks!

Brad

Hi Brad,

I would be willing to host the exes, but it will depend on how much traffic it will generate. Any idea?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,
  I believe traffic would be minimal.  I host all of the automatic downloads and main links from my website and have plenty of bandwidth.  The issue is that occasionally I get an email from someone who can't get it to download from my site, so I would direct them to the mirror.

If you think you could do this, it would be appreciated!  Drop me an email.

Thanks,
Brad

If you still looking for a mirror let me know i have a server colocated downtown dayton ohio.

Back