• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Startup Error

Bakes

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I recently had to replace a drive on my computer (Windows 7) which required me to reinstall BeerSmith. After downloading and installing the the program to the default location I get this error message at startup (see attachment). Drive D: is my optical drive. Thinking maybe some of my default file paths might be off in Windows I tried uninstalling BeerSmith and upgrading to Windows 10. After reinstalling BeerSmith I still get the same error. I tried clicking through the error and when the activation screen comes up it says I have over 1 million days to activate. I tried entering my activation key and the program opens but upon closing and reopening I get the same original error and the prompt to activate again.

Has anyone else run into this?

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    93.7 KB · Views: 325
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    161.2 KB · Views: 284
I figured out how to correct this. I uninstalled the software then went into the registry and deleted every entry containing Beersmith. After reinstalling everything work as it should.

Back