• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Something is not right

JINKS1

New Forum Member
Reaction score
So I add 2 row and it doesn't add up. No grains add much to the estimated original gravity.
This problem is only under add new recipe.
If I take an existing sample recipe and strip out all the ingredients it will behave correctly.  Also under new recipe I can't access the mash profile at all the button seems to do nothing.
If I strip an existing recipe it works fine.
I had recently had a crash and lost my entire operating system (vista) where beersmith seemed to work fine now under 8.1 I am having problems.

I have already tried to run in several compatibility modes for previous versions of windows to no avail.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 294
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 309
If you cannot access the mash profile button, check on the design page.  You probably have the type of recipe set to 'extract'.  This would also explain the issue with the gravity target calculated, as it will use the steeping efficiency (usually set to around 15%) to generate the extracted sugars from your grain.

Yep had a duh moment.  That fixed the problem.  THANKS

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 288
Back