• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

WANTED: Sets of Recipes

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all,
  I'm once again planning to do some work on the BeerSmith web site soon, and I'm interested in reorganizing the recipes section to make it more accessible and also offer more "sets" or "packages" of recipes.

As a result, I would love to have some additional recipe sets to add.  If you have a substantial recipe library (and I know you do!) and you would be willing to share - please either post the file here or email it to me in BeerSmith format.

Thanks!
Brad

Hey Brad, Billy Brew here...To send you recipes, give me the proceedure to get them off BeerSmith and into a "sendable" format.
I can brew, I just can't figure out computer proceedure...

Hi,
  Just put all the recipes you want into one folder.  Then select the whole folder and use the "Save Selected Items" or "Mail Selected Items" to save/send them to me via email.  Please select the BeerSmith (.bsm) format. 

Alternately you can save them and attach them to this forum by creating a reply and clicking on additional options to attach it to your post.

Thanks,
Brad

Hi there,

I've been brewing kits for about 18 years (started young) and tinkering here and there to fine tune them a bit.

We recently had a brew competition at work that opened my eyes to the quality of ale achievable through homebrewing.  Suitably humbled, I have now designed and brewed three beers using Beersmith, though I remain a kit man and like to base my beer on such favourites as Cooper's Stout.  I then add a few extras- canned malt, hops for aroma etc and have come up with some much better beers than the standard. 

Key problems with this approach are determining the characteristics of the kit for use in Beersmith, and also finding tried and true recipes for modified kit beers.

Would you consider including a "From the Kit" category in your new recipe database, to which we'd post our takes on what are in the kits (in my case based on back analysis to match published bitterness and colour values) and recipes based on kits and simple additives such as canned malt, spray wheat and hops?

Cheers,

Foxenchov.

Hi,
  If you believe you have enough "from the kit" recipes, I would be happy to post them to the downloads page as a package.  I think it would be a great help for new brewers.

Cheers!
Brad

Thanks Brad,

I don't have many recipies, but will be expanding the repertoire as I go.  I'll sort them out, describe the beers and load up what I do have onto your system over the weekend.

Cheers,

Mike.

Back