• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Mobile and IOS 9.0.1 Problems

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
All,

UPDATE: The fixes in the form of BeerSmith 2.2.59 have been released now for both BeerSmith Mobile and BeerSmith Lite.  This should correct the page navigation problems occurring with IOS9.  Please update your apps to the latest version using the iTunes app store.
--------------------------------
  Unfortunately many people started reporting problems with the IOS 9.0.1 update put out yesterday and both BeerSmith Mobile and BeerSmith Lite. Specifically they are having page navigation issues where the program does not properly navigate from page to page.
  - If you have IOS 9.0 or earlier you can update your app to the current version (2.2.57) and it will work
  - However Apple released 9.0.1 (with little warning) and broke the fixes I put in place
      -- So I'm working on a fix for 9.0.1 but due to the review process it will take about a week to get it out

So if you have 9.0 or earlier, upgrade your app.  If possible, delay installing 9.0.1 until I can get a fix out in the next week.

Sorry for the problems - it has been very frustrating for me as I spent several weeks updating the code to work with multiple versions 9.0 and 9.1 beta, but did not have an advanced copy of 9.0.1.  So despite my best efforts to prevent the problem, it will be about a week to get an update out to fix it.

Sincerely,
Brad Smith
BeerSmith.com

Any progress. This is really irritating! I am going to brew next weekend and I use beersmith lite to time my brew day.

The update posted yesterday. Please check to see that you've received it.

Also see if you've updated to OS 9.0.2. That has fixed a lot of overall bugginess in the OS update.

I updated to iOS 9.0.2 BEFORE I updated to BeerSmith Mobile 2.2.59.  The update shows in App Store updates but when I click 'Update', I get the spinning wheel and it returns back to 'Update'.  I am thinking this might be because the iOS version is ahead of BeerSmith Mobile version.  Is that accurate?

I've had a couple of apps fail to update recently. This doesn't seem to be unique to BeerSmith.

The easiest fix is to sign out from the App Store and then sign back in.

Settings > iTunes & App store > Apple ID > Sign out

When you sign back in, you may be asked to approve new terms.

No joy. I agree though, this isn't a BS Mobile issue.  I'll keep plugging away but I think the next step is hooking up to iTunes to reinstall the app.

EDIT - 10/5/15 @ 2:02 PM EDT:  So, I had to hookup to iTunes to reinstall the app.  Obviously, this isn't a BS Mobile issue, its an iOS issue but this is the resolution in case anyone else has the same problem.

I am still having trouble with BeerSmith Lite on my iPhone 5s running under version 9.1.  The app opens briefly to the launch/title page then closes (crashes) after about 1 second.  My BeerSmith Lite app has been updated to 2.2.59.  I also tried opening it through the app store and I get the same effect.  The app was working fine under the previous version of iOS that was on my phone prior to updating.  Any suggestions from the experts out there?

Back