• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Windows 10

biergarden

Brewer
Reaction score
Looks like BS 2.2.12 and Windows 10 just don't get along. I set compatibility mode to 7 then XP SP3 and BS just runs like a stuck sparge. It's slow and clunky, or is it just me? Seem like my PC runs everything else just fine......  :-\

Anyone else suffering?

The only problem I had with windows 10,  is when it was first installed it change the user permissions for Beer Smith. I just had to change them back. Brad already addressed this in a previous post. Windows 10 is running perfect for all application that I use.

« on: June 16, 2015, 06:19:50 AM »

From Microsoft help

To resolve this problem, remove the read-only access control for your Temp folder. To do this, follow these steps:

1.Locate the Temp folder on your computer. Note Typically, this folder is located in C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings, where        User  Name is your user name.

2.Right-click Temp, and then click Properties.

3.Under Attributes, click to clear the check box for Read-only. Note The Confirm Attribute Changes dialog box may appear (this behavior depends on the contents of your Temp folder). If this dialog box appears, click Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files, and then click OK.

4.Click OK.

Hi,
  The windows 10 installer has an interesting bug where it does not carry over file permissions (for no clear reason).

Its pretty easy to fix.  Go to the directory Documents/BeerSmith2 and right click->Properties and then click on the tab
showing file permissions.  Give your main user account full permission to that directory along with all subdirectories/subfiles
and it will clear up the error.

Brad

On a previous machine, upgraded to windows 10, I had no problems w/ Beersmith:

Now moving to a new machine w/ a clean W10 install, I'm getting the file permission errors:

can't open file C:\Users\Dave\Docuemnts/BeerSmith2/Reports/bxtmp_3357.htm

and then similar errors and finally the "Error while saving table" errors.

I have set the permissions on C:\Users\Dave\Documents\BeerSmith2 and I have set this folder under File->Change Documents Directory

Any ideas?

Thanks -- and thanks for the great software!

Back