• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

no-boil equipment profile and gravity

gadams00

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm attempting to use Beersmith 2.2.12 on a recipe where I don't plan to do a boil. I've created an equipment profile with all the same setting as my normal equipment profile, but with boil time set to 0 and boil off set to 0. The recipe I'm using this equipment profile still shows an increase in gravity between est pre-boil gravity and est original gravity That doesn't make any sense to me. I just poked around a bit and found that the Cooling shrinkage percent on the equipment profile is the particular element of the equipment profile that affects a difference between est pre-boil gravity and est original gravity. With it set to 0 I get no difference, with it set to 4 I get 3 points difference. I don't think cooling shrinkage percent should affect the post-boil gravity calculations.

Back