• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Windows 10 Upgrade - File Permission Problems

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,
  For those of you who upgraded to Windows 10 in place and then run into a long series of permissions problems when running BeerSmith:

The windows 10 installer has an interesting bug where it does not carry over file permissions (for no clear reason) in some cases.

Its pretty easy to fix.  Go to the directory Documents/BeerSmith2 and right click->Properties and then click on the tab
showing file permissions.  Give your main user account full permission to that directory along with all subdirectories/subfiles
and it will clear up the error.

Brad

Thank you Brad for posting this.  It fixed my problem right away.  Process was a little different than described for my version of Win 10.  The permissions options were on the first view after right clicking on properties.  I could see that system and administrator had full access but the profile for home users did not have full access.  Hit edit, choose home users, put check mark in allow full access, save.  Easy Weezy.

Back