• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Encoding problem for plain text export when adding BBCode (Linux version)

theophae

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just installed beersmith 2.2.12 64 bits for Linux, and I've put the French translation into /usr/share/Beersmith2. All work well, but when I add a new document to format recipe with BBCode, when I choose this format to export my recipe, I get weird characters.
My test leads to identify that when I add BBCode tags to the file, Beersmith converts it to UTF8 whereas it already is. This double conversion screws all special characters.
Under windows I can access  to encoding parameters when I right click on the preview, but under Linux I get a very small menu without these parameters, so I'm stuck with my wrong characters.

I hope I've been clear enough.

Thanks,
  I was not aware of this issue.  I think this is due to the fact that BeerSmith (for XML files) encodes special characters as "&xxx;" where xxx is the name of the character.  Since much of the same code is used on import of files it probably messes it up.

I'll make a note to take a look at this to see if I can open the file in a different mode on the Linux build.

Brad

Ok, please keep me informed on this problem.
And if you want me to send you an example file that makes reproduces the bug, let me know.

Back