• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Duplicate bsmx files created every time Beersmith 2 closes (Windows 10)

Noewon

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am running Windows 10, & every time I close Beersmith 2, it creates new bsmx files in the "BeerSmith2" folder in "Documents".

I've changing the directory of the documents folder three times now.  I've made sure all the files are Not "read only" & I've made sure that all users have "full control" under permissions.  This is eventually going to lead to a very large documents folder, unless I go in every time & delete the duplicate files.  I've done multiple searches & haven't found anyone else with this problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

This is normal behavior for BeerSmith. The additional numbered files are older versions.

Oh, I don't remember it doing that under Windows 7.  I did just notice that it stops at 5 duplicates though.  Thanks for the response!

Back