• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Importing grain data

Pcmax

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm trying to build a recipe using grains that Beersmith does not have in the default list in the mobile app. For example I need to input the data for a Canada Malting base malt but the data on their website bears hardly any relationship to the data required by the app.
I have read that with the desktop version you can simply import a suitable data file from the manufacturer and it automatically uploads to the app.
Doesn't look like the mobile version has the ability to do this, does this mean the mobile product is inferior? Understand that the mobile version is cheaper than the desktop but if I had known it was inferior I would have saved my money and bout the desktop. Looks like I will have to fork out more cash again

You can move items over by embedding them in a recipe and then saving them:
  http://beersmith.com/transferring-equipment-profiles-and-ingredients-from-desktop-to-beersmith-mobile/

Cheers,
Brad

Back