• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew planning software

Mark Flynn

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I put together a spreadsheet to calculate when to brew what recipe to be served (at its prime) at a certain date or in a certain time period. So today, if you want these beers to be best on Christmas Eve, this is what you should brew:
Edelweiss Dunkel Weissbier Dunkelweizen - German Wheat & Rye
American Amber Amber Ale-American
West Coast Blaster Amber Ale-American (Red) Ale
Young's Dirty Dick's Ale Best Bitter
Brains Traditional Welsh Ale Best Bitter
Marston's Pedigree Best Bitter
Thames Welsh ESB Best Bitter
Pete's Wicked Ale Brown Ale - American
SW2 Pale Ale - English
Bert Grant's Perfect Porter Porter - Brown
RCH Old Slug Porter Porter - Brown
Ballantine XXX Ale Pale Ale - American
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Pale Ale - American
Geary's Pale Ale Pale Ale - English
These recipes come from Beer Captured, 200 Clone Recipes, or Brewing Classic Styles.
It also tells me which recipes I can brew with whatever yeast I have available, or alternate yeast, and how long the beer should last at cellar temperatures. So far, I have 442 clones entered. Does anyone else see that this would be of value? Could an Excel program be converted to an Android or Apple app that might be used as a fundraiser to start a new microbrewery? There are quite a few more ways to use it, ie I want to brew this beer. Will it be in its prime on this date?

Back