• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Grain Absorption

K

KellerBrauer

Greetings,

I am about to use BS2 mobile for the very first time.  In doing so, I want to make sure my settings are correct so I'm comparing the numbers with my backup (alternate) software - iBrewmaster2.  I am happy the brewing numbers are close, but not the same.  BS2 is indicating about 10% less water needed than iBrewmaster2.  One of the factors I cant seem to find an entry point for in BS2 is Grain Absorption. I must be missing something. Where do I enter this factor?

Thanks in advance.

Going to Options > Advanced Options will lead you to the absorption adjustment.

Hey KellerBrauer,

I played with GA for a while and found I ended up going back to the default.  There are many areas in the software where there is loss to account for so check everything pretty closely to your actual brew.  Are you sure that BS is actually off or maybe iBrewMaster might be a bit off.

In the grand scheme of things, use one software or the other, dial it in and enjoy the fruits of your passion :)

Rick

Back