• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help with equipment setup bielmeier 27L electric pot

terragady

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, I am really newbie in brewing. I bought some equip and wanted to brew my first beer.
So I have http://www.bielmeier-hausgeraete.com/bielmeier-mash-and-brew-kettle-bhg-410-1  this one but I have no idea how to set it up in the BS2. Should I use just default 40L electric urn in the software and it should be ok? My batch size will be 15L as I have only fermentors (buckets) of 20L.

Can you give me any suggestions how i should set it ip?

Thank you!
Marcin

Did you manage to set a good profile bielmeier ? I have a similar and will try to set BeerSmith

no sorry i didnt try, I am using standard electric urn profile and just changed capacity and It work quite well actually for me

As with all systems, you need to know what the performance parameters are.

• Boil Off
  • Loss To Trub
  • Net amount in the Fermenter
  • Net Gravity in the Fermenter
  • If top up water is used in either the Electric Urn or the Fermenter, how much of each?

After a couple of uses, these should be pretty easy to determine, if you've kept records. Just update teh equipment profile and add it to your recipes. If the changes are more than a few percent different than where you started, use the Scale Recipe function to adjust ingredients to match your targets.

Back