• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash profile does not show steps in proper order

l4ci

Apprentice
Reaction score
When I add new mash profile for typical czech decoction, it gets all mixed up after I reopen the software. It sorts the steps by temperature, not name or order I added / sorted them. This is a huge problem and I saw at least one post from 2014 complaining about it with a note from the author this will be fixed, but as per current version 2.2 this bug is still not fixed.

If you have multiple steps at the same temperature, adding a tenth of a decimal place to each will make BeerSmith sort in ascending order.

Example:
Step 1:  xx
Step 1a: xx.1
Step 1b: xx.2
Step 1c: xx.3
Raise Temp Step 2: xy
Step 2a: xy.1

BeerSmith won't show the decimal places in the recipe view or the instructions, so the order will all have the nearest whole degree step rounded up or down.

Once you create a mash profile with the needed steps, you can simply swap it into all of the recipes it's a part of.

Thanks, the problem is, while using decoction, you actually go down in temp for decoction steps. So this will not help, i would think.. attaching photo for what I want to achieve (the top curve)..

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 335
Back