• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New computer, old Beer Smith user

B

bo_gator

I am thinking about buying a new lap top, but am concerned about losing Beer Smith. It has been so long since I bought it I don't know my user code to get a fresh download out of trial mode on the new computer. Does this mean that I am going to have to shell out another $20 for a new user key code ???

Bo,
  Assuming you are already registered, go to the Help menu and select the "Enter Registration Key" and it will display your current key.  You can use the key with the latest version from the web site on up to two computers, as long as both computers are yours for your personal use.

Cheers!
Brad

Hi,
  I'm running it on Vista now - and it works fine.

One minor point: If you are not running as a administrator under Vista, I recommend you uncheck the "Run BeerSmith after Installing" box when installing since it will run BeerSmith as an administrator the first time which could create permission issues.  Other than that it works fine.

Cheers!
Brad

Back