• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

CASCADIAN DARK

BILLY BREW

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Morning! New beer style out there I want to put up. I tried to make the profile on the style guide format. got it all together with the I's dotted and the T's crossed, hit OK and it went away...
This is the description I got off the web, so I didn't just pull this out of a hat
Can anyone tell me how to make the style stick so I can do this properly?

Attachments

• CASCADIA DARK ALE.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 6
You are describing what is called a "Black IPA" in the 2015 BJCP guide  - although I personally believe Cascadian Dark Ale is the appropriate name. Just update your style guidelines to the new 2015 version.

Thanks. I have the latest and still don't see it. No matter, going to sally forth and see what comes of it!

I've been procrastinating since I know the 2008 numbers fairly well, and this post prompted me to install the 2015 guides and look it up.   

Black IPA is 21B in the new 2015 BJCP Guidelines. 

If you've not updated either, it's a two-step process.  Go to Add-Ons and install the 2015 Guides, then go to Options \ Brewing \ Display Style Guide and pick the 2015 BJCP option. 

FYI, the BJCP exams changed to the 2015 guides effective November 1, in case you're interested in pursuing that. 

Back