• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory - Always on Hand

Rep

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I have a suggestion.  In using inventory, it would be nice to be able to set a base number of items I always want on hand.

Let's say I keep an inventory of my bottle caps and I never want to get below 75.  It would be nice if I could set 75 as my base and have it displayed within a column as part of the inventory view.

Rep,
  I agree - I'm thinking of adding a "reorder point" to each ingredient so the program can notify you when inventory drops below that level.

Cheers!
Brad

Yes please. I have a few items I always like to have on hand. So whenever I view inventory, I'd like to see when it is all gone. Esentially it would be like having a stock-take report, where I can Print out the list, record what I have, and then feed it back. I saw you mentioned minimum stock levels elsewhere, I think maybe as a quantity on the ingredient list would work very well, and even haing the minimum stock items always included in the inventory list?

I agree. This would be a useful feature.

For now, I accomplish it with a recipe called "pars" that have the minimum number as the quantity. I use this for Whirlfloc, nutrient, and a host of consumables that I just need around the brewhouse.

Back