• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Better integration of cloud

mcaron339

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi this is my first post on this forum so please be indulgent. But I've been using beersmith for over a year and I feel it really could use some improvement on cloud features. I don't think having access to all the recipes that are on the cloud is such a usefull feature for everyone, I'm saying that because you could possibly without having to host it yourself, have it in the form of a dropbox app, and allow people to have access to a lot more than a couple of their own recipes.

Also, not having to enter information like equipment profiles and ingredient management on every computer you own, would be pretty good. For now I guess I'm removing beersmith from my desktop and just have it on my laptop.

Thanks

MArco

I've just read your post as I'm searching for answers to moving recipes myself.  While I'm not very familiar with "drop boxes" the concept sounds much more user friendly than the "cloud".  Trying to copy or move recipes from one computer  to another is very frustrating right now.  I read Brad's tip on copying files but I'm not having much luck to the point of giving up.  Integration of a drop box that you can access from both BeerSmith enabled stations would be a big help

Sorry I don't have answers for you but I wanted to add my voice to your opinion and think you may have something

Hi Marco,

I guess I don't fully understand your dilemma.  I first purchased BS2 to use on my iPhone.  I only used the cloud feature to protect my recipes in case my phone took a dump.  Then I recently purchased BS2 for my desktop and I keep all my recipes local and only use my cloud to transfer recipes between desktop and iPhone.  While I agree there could be better "automatic" integration between mobile and desktop versions, the storage issue you're referring to makes no sense to me.  I also don't understand why you would want to remove BS2 from your desktop.

Perhaps you could better explain concerns.

Back