• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Printing Issues - Missing Specs and Details

steve in tx

Apprentice
Reaction score
Any help with the error in the attachment?

Attachments

• 2015-11-28_2033.png
    2015-11-28_2033.png
    33 KB · Views: 309
1) Make sure Explorer is the browser associated with BeerSmith. This is the default it's designed to use.
2) Make sure the page size is set correctly in both the preview and in your printer defaults. Often the "Shrink to Fit" setting works best.
3) Add 2 lbs of roast malt to that recipe.  ;)

No good. I set IE as my system wide default and it didn't change anything. There isn't an option in BS to set a default browser.

steve in tx said:
No good. I set IE as my system wide default and it didn't change anything. There isn't an option in BS to set a default browser.

The image is what you see on preview?

The only way I'm able to replicate your issue is to set the page size to >100%. Do you have the size default (in the browser) set to "Shrink to Fit"?

That is what I see in the preview pane. The print preview is blank when using that report. The v2 Brew Steps report shows entirely black. The older styled reports and text reports work ok. Shrink to fit is set in the print preview.

I'm about ready to reinstall, but I am not at all confident in the ability of BS to export my recipes and bring them back without failure.

steve in tx said:
I'm about ready to reinstall, but I am not at all confident in the ability of BS to export my recipes and bring them back without failure.

Backup your ...Documents/BeerSmith2 folder. This has all of your recipes, profiles and custom ingredients. Once reinstalled and activated, you can replace the same folder that BeerSmith creates with the backup.

No good on reinstall. Must be related to some recent Windows Update. I noticed the issue a couple of Patch Tuesdays ago, but don't know when it began.

Honestly, I am not loving BS much anymore. It has it pluses, but the minuses which were once irritants, are becoming more like deal breakers.

Thanks for the help.

Back