• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

20 Gallon Brewery For Sale

mpcluever

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I found myself with 30 gallon kettles, so it's time to sell my old brewery. This was my dream system that I bought when I worked at Midwest Supplies. These are the Commercial Quality Kettles that they have since discontinued. These are excellent, heavy duty kettles. This system has brewed many, many batches and was very well maintained. It works very well and I'm sad to see it go. If you're looking to expand your brewing, or looking to make the leap to all grain brewing, this is the system for you!

$850

23325617711_5a8d69b55d_b.jpg

I'm in the Minneapolis area (New Brighton) and shipping is probably not an option.

Included:
20 gal Hot Liquor Tank
25 gal Mash Tun
Full Kettle Width False Bottom, not domed
25 gal Boil Kettle
All the valves, sight gauges, and connections pictured, except for the loose, extra polysulfone connections. If you want these, we can negotiate a price

Kettles and false bottom were very well maintained with no noticeable dents and only very minor scratches from use. These kettles are gorgeous.
Each kettle has the triple clad bottom with zero scorching, even heating the Mash Tun and Boil Kettle.
Allows you to do multiple temperature steps during the mash.
All the lids are interchangeable
All kettles, valves, and pipe connections are Stainless Steel, no brass.
False Bottom was too short to sit over the connection for the drain, so I welded stainless extensions on the legs.
Sight gauge on the Mash Tun is under the false bottom. This serves several purposes. Kettle volume filling with water. Also, you will never collapse the false bottom since a stuck mash will suck air through the sight gauge. A dropping level in the sight gauge is an easy indicator the mash is stuck.
Mash Tun has an extra hole to mount a thermometer in the grain bed.
Thermometers can also be mounted through the sight gauge connections on the Hot Liquor Tank and Boil Kettle. I used an inline thermometer to read the temperature coming off the bottom of the Mash Tun while heating.
Gate valves at the top of the Mash Tun and Boil Kettle allowed me to fine tune the flow during the sparge.
Polysulfone quick connects work very well with one hand. Push on to connect and a simple push button to release.
Rulers attached to sight gauges showed me inches which worked well with my brewing software. You could easily calibrate for gallons.
Bulkheads are Polarware and virtually guaranteed to never leak. I never touched them over the years and never had a leak.
Sight gauges are polycarbonate threaded into a stainless connection and go to the top of the kettle.
False bottom is 2 1/2" tall and sits snug in the Mash Tun with no significant gap.
Hot Liquor Tank is 16" inside height
Mash Tun and Boil Kettle are 20" inside height
All kettles are 19 5/8" inside diameter

Flickr album with all the pictures
https://www.flickr.com/gp/95068688@N08/4W4MaB

Email is best for inquiries, but I'll be watching this posting as well. I'll take this down as soon as it sells.
matt@thecluevers.com

Back