• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

A few suggestions...

denimglen

Apprentice
Reaction score
First of all, great program!  No way I would have gone all grain without it.  Thanks :)

Just a few things that I thought would be handy, don't know which would be possible (or neccessary) but thought I'd let you know.

1.  Be able to enter pressure to find volumes for carbonation.

2.  Be able to type in IBU's and AA% to give weight of hops needed - quite often I'll need to re-write a recipe because of the hops on hand being different AA% so I need to trial and error it until I hit the right weight for the IBU's needed.

3.  Be able to 'open in new window' the tools and views.

4.  More space to type in the style guidlines - I'd like to be able to enter the whole BJCP guidlines.

5.  A few more unit conversions, maybe things like EBU, IBU, Lovibond, EBC etc.

6.  On the recipe view under carbonation a serving temperature guidline.

7.  Have rehydrate dry yeast show up on brewday sheet.

Thanks,

Glen :)

Glen,
  Thanks for all of the kind comments and especially the great suggestions.  I will certainly try to implement some of these going forward in a future version.

A few notes -
    2. You can scale a recipe by IBUs (open the recipe and use the bitterness toolbar to set an IBU level) - which will back out the amount of hops needed
    3.  You can open a separate window to display a recipe (right click on the recipe in My Recipes view and pick the "Preview in New Window)

Thanks again for the ideas!

Brad

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the reply.

2 - Thanks for the suggestion, I can't remember the exact scenerio that came about but the bitterness adjustment didn't work out - maybe just a few too many HBs that night hehe.  Thinking about it now I assume a tool couldn't be written to figure weight from the the AA% and required IBU's because the gravity of the boil would need to be known, which would probably be tricky to work into the current program.

3 - Should have explained this one a little better.  Sometimes I'll be messing around with a recipe and want to jump into one of the calculators/tools/hops/grains views etc.  To change over I need to close the recipe and come back to it.  I was thinking it would be handy if I could right click -> open in new window what I needed while I was editing the recipe.

Thanks, with or without the program is freaking great!

Cheers and beers,

Glen.

Glen,
  I'm thinking for V2.0 I will try to build a framework like firefox where you can open new tabs with a control-click or new windows with a shift click.  This would let you do just about anything you want.

Cheers!
Brad

Back