• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

problems with my new beersmith

MTBrewer

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I'd like to know how to alphabetize the hops, grains, misc, and yeast lists. The are all jumbled up and it takes a while to sift thru them to find what I want to add.
When I put in (under insert), a quantity of hops, yeast or misc into the list I give it a certain amount, when the item is selected it comes out wrong - i.e. the Irish moss was supposed to be 1 tsp, but when I select the Irish Moss, it shows 1.10 tsp .... same with almost everything else (except the grains, so far). So far, other than those problems, I'm really liking BeerSmith, I can get around in it much better than I did in BrewTarget. TIA

"click on the header for the column you want to organize by and the list will sort itself."
THX, that worked great!

Now, to get the amounts problem straightened out, how is that accomplished?

Also ..... I was looking at my Porter recipes, closed the page, and all of my Porter recipes (about 15 or 20) are gone including the folder !*?#?^ I've tried the search feature but to no avail! Any ideas?

Every item has a default addition rate.  This is set in your 'ingredients' profiles.  For Irish moss, you can select from the top menu 'ingredients' >> 'Misc' and then search or scroll down to Irish moss, open it and change the default addition rate.  Save and this will become your new default.

Back