• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

items on beer smith

madchef77

Brewer
Reaction score
Ok, so today I was looking up recipes and ideas for brewing a beer just like the boulevard wheat. Some people have used red wheat malt, which is not on beersmith. I have noticed a few ingredients that are not on beer smith and have added some.  So my question is, does anyone have info on an update coming soon or does anyone know of a website that has all the information on grains and misc items. Such as the gravity, srm, abv ext. you get from certain materials. Also things like wild rice, I have no idea how much gravity a 1lb bag of wild rice will be or the srm.

BeerSmith comes as a basic template. It's intended for you to update and customize it to your needs.

With BeerSmith open, click on Add-Ons (center of the command ribbon), and then the "+" sign.

You'll find a list of ingredients, equipment, and recipes that can be added into BeerSmith, quickly. I believe the Briess grain add-on contains both red and white wheat.

Bear in mind that these add-ons happen because someone takes the time to do it and forward it to the BeerSmith community. This means that they don't get changed or updated until someone decides they want to contribute. Also, manufacturers add, change, and discontinue products all the time. That just means you'll want to look at malt and hop websites occasionally to see what's changed, then update your BeerSmith ingredients accordingly.

Back