• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't make a new recipe

Brewnew

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Getting frustrated when I'm trying to typ in an new recipe.
When I try to add a recipe beersmith just takes an old brew recipe that I got from the cloud. That means that I haft to change every little detail and the recipes just gets off.  When I look att brads internet video he doesn't have the same problem att all.  I even have to change the name of the beer.

I use beersmith 2 on my iPhone.

When you enter a new recipe, you have the choice to save the recipe in different ways. One is to save it as "Default."

The default recipe is what comes up when you add a new recipe. Each time you save over the default, you've updated it.

This can turn from an annoyance into a handy tool, for you. Create a recipe with a generic name (like, "New Recipe"), then load it with your equipment, mash, fermentation and carbonation profiles. Load in all of your basic ingredients, like irish moss, that are in every recipe. You can even load it with some yeast, base malt (or extract) and foundation hops, just to fill it out.

Once saved as your default, all of the most common stuff is already entered and you just have to change the name, then add the specific ingredients.

Back