• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

RIMS Equipment and Mash Profile

jdevries

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Just installed BeerSmith2, was using ProMash.  I have a homemade RIMS system and was wondering how I could setup up an Equipment and Mash Profiles that would best fit my system.  Being that my system is based on kegs, I have started by using the "Stainless Kegs (10 Gal/37.8 L) - All Grain" Equipment Profile.  I believe that is correct.  However, I'm totally lost on what Mash Profile to use? Can I create one?  In addition I sparge on the fly (slip and slide).  Any Help would be appreciated.  - Jim

Fly sparging is the default for most mash profiles. However, any mash profile can become fly sparge simply by unchecking the batch sparge or BIAB boxes. BeerSmith will instruct you to fly sparge on the Mash Tab in the text just below the mash temperatures. The instructions also show up on the various reports. BeerSmith gives you a sparge volume, not a sparge time.

BeerSmith doesn't need to know what kind of heat source you're using. It doesn't make assumptions based on RIMS, HERMS or any other heat source. As the brewer, you'll customize all of your profiles to your system and methods.

By double clicking on any of the mash steps, you can adjust the rise time and the step (rest) time. Simply customize the rise time to how fast your RIMS will take you to each temperature step. 

Back