• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

The recipe on my ipod beersmith has a different og than my pc beersmith

gvhorwitz

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure why this is happening. I just uploaded a recipe to my cloud and then viewed it on my ipad beersmith. The pc version shows an OG of 1.050 and the ipad shows it as 1.074. All data is the same otherwise. Do I need to change anything on my ipad app?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

This happened to me before, i had changed some of the advanced options on my PC and found not all of them transfer to the mobile app.  In my case it was grain absorption

Any chance when it arrived on the phone you assigned the equipment profile to the recipe?  If so then your local profile doesn't match the one in the recipe.  In this case you would need to delete the local profile and copy the recipe profile to the phone.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas :)
Rick

Hi Rick,

I bet you called it on the profile. I'll check it out. I assumed that the profile that I made for my 3 gallon biab transferred to my mobile app. I wonder if you can do that? huh.

Thanks a lot.

Greg

I see that the og that I saw is in my pc as well. It's odd that Beersmith estimates it to be higher than Northern Brewer does on the documentation. If I change my desired og then the amount of grain is much different. I'm sure it has to do with my profiles.  Much to learn.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Sounds like you are gtg.

Regarding profiles, they will follow the recipe however if you want to apply a newly built/changed profile to future recipes, you will need to store it on your phone.

Go into the recipe on the phone, select the equipment profile, then scroll down to the bottom and select the store profile option.  It will now be there for you to use if you create a recipe on your phone or download one from somewhere else...

Good luck
Rick

Back