• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith calculations way off

sideguy

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I recently installed Beersmith 2 on a new Surface 4 running Windows 10. I have issues with the view as others have mentioned but besides that I am seeing that calculated gravities are significantly off. Can anyone help me with a fix? For example, when adding a recipe I am selecting the 5 gallon pot and cooler (all grain) equipment profile. If I add 20 lbs of 2 row it is calculating the OG as 1.019. The default efficiency is 72%. I have added my own equipment profile as well and I am seeing similar results. Any advice would be appreciated.

Kevin

Things to check:  Recipe type - if you have your recipe type as extract, it will calculate your grain contribution as a steeping grain and not as a mashed grain.  You can find this on the design tab of the recipe right next to the recipe name.

Back