• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewing with what i got (beginner)

isuscu

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have some leftovers from my last batch s i decided to brew a batch with just that. I made my recipe in beersmith and I would really like some more experienced brewers to review and point out the possible flaws.
Thanks

Amt                  Name                                                            Type      %/IBU       
6 lbs 9.6 oz      Pilsner (2 Row) Bel (2.0 SRM)                      Grain      67.5 %       
2 lbs                  Rauchmalz                                                    Grain      20.5 %       
1 lbs 1.2 oz      Caramunich Malt (56.0 SRM)                        Grain      11.0 %       
1.6 oz              Carafa III (525.0 SRM)                                  Grain      1.0 %       
0.20 oz            Hallertau Taurus [14.80 %] - Boil 90.0 m      Hop        11.1 IBUs   
0.67 oz            Northern Brewer [8.50 %] - Boil 60.0 min    Hop        19.9 IBUs   
1.00 oz            Northern Brewer [8.50 %] - Boil 0.0 min      Hop        0.0 IBUs     
1.0 pkg            Safale American  (DCL/Fermentis #US-05)    Yeast           

Some of my best brews were a result of throwing together whatever I had on hand. I'm sure it will be good.

OK, I'll try and see. Again, I'm a total beginner so I'm not completely sure in myself yet, but ill give it a try!

Curious- what style did you come up with for this brew and did it fit the guidelines. I usually try to fit a custom brew to the closest style just for comparison sake. You can then tweak it to taste with hops, etc to get bitterness in line. OR not!
  I'm thinking "other smoked beer" with the rauchmalz. Sounds interesting. I made a smoked beer similar with lager yeast. Came out great.
Yours sounds tasty let us know the result
Remember - if you like it thats all that really matters, and if you can duplicate it even better.
CHEERS

Back