• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

3 dots in a circle

Toy4Rick

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Anyone else have the 3 dots in a circle that you can move around but doesn't do anything?  I have it in both local and cloud recipes on my Android phone

Rick

Here is a screen shot of my Android app, it's next to Profiles, can be moved around by dragging and it doesn't do anything

Rick

Nothing, am I the only one with the mysterious crop circle?

Rick

That little guy, if you go to your phone's settings (not BS settings), is called the Toolbox.  You can set it up to have quick access to your calculator, camera, clock, etc.  Turn it off.  It only shows up when you're in beersmith??  Typically it's present pretty much all the time, that's the purported luxury of it.

Android
v5.1
Verizon

Can't find the toolbox app/setting...

Can you direct me more specifically than in settings?

Rick

for me...
pull down from the home screen so you bring up airplane mode, wifi, etc.
tap the gear (settings)
about 1/3 of the way down, under "device", there it is... toolbox.
turn it off.

Hmmm, not there

What's weird is, it only shows in BS.  From what I can find online, it's designed for the Samsung S5, I have a S6.  Searched everywhere for it, no luck

Rick

OK, so toolbox is not available on S6/Verizon.  From what folks have to say in the Android forum, "contact the app developer, It's a floating menu button meant to appear on older apps that relied on a physical menu button after those were discontinued on Android."

Brad, thoughts?
Rick

Back