• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hop Update 2016 Changes Inventory

metron-brewer

Brewer
Reaction score
After I installed the 2016 Hop Updates, my hop inventory was off. Prior to the update I had 6 ounces of Motueka hops. After installing the add-on I had none. Luckily I had backed up all my .bsmx files so I removed all the new add-ons and restored all .bsmx files, reverting BeerSmith back to the state it was right before installing the add-ons.

Attachments

• BeerSmith Inventory 2016-02-18 1 Before 2016 Updates.xlsx
    13.6 KB · Views: 229
  • BeerSmith Inventory 2016-02-18 2 After 2016 Updates.xlsx
    13.6 KB · Views: 202
Motueka is not a default hop so I believe what happened is you entered it yourself and then when you downloaded the update it matched that entry and zeroed out the inventory.  Sorry about that - the program will try to match an existing entry if it can find one when installing updates to avoid double listing items.

Brad

I had similar problems when I updated. I'm not sure if it changed any of my correct non-zero inventories, but it did put in some entries of it's own with 8 oz or 6 oz or whatever. Was confusing until I realized I could blame the software. Fortunately I usually add the LHBS and a date purchase in the title bar, and since the problem entries didn't have the extra information, they stood out.

in the same topic of update. I have a receipe that use Mosaic I can remember if it was in the last update or I added manually. Now I follow the add on instruction but when I go and check in the hop ingridient list Mosaic dont show. I also did an upgrade on briess grains. I might be doing something bad as far as the upgrade. Is there a way to see this hop list upgrade to see if is store correctly in the root file. please help before I screw the list

thanks
Charles

The 2016 hop update is located in your BeerSmith 2 folder under "Updates". From within BeerSmith you can view it using: File, Open File. I think Mosaic hops were added in the 2013 Hop Update which should also be in the same location. When you close those files I always answer "No" to saving so as to not change the "Master".

To verify that you installed the Add On correctly, click on the "Add-ons" button from the top ribbon. There you can see all the add ons you have installed as well as install additional ones.

Back