• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Calendar and dry hopping

boilover

New Forum Member
Reaction score
The calendar function is a powerful feature but unfortunately I see two limitations.

First, when I add a dry hop schedule 7 days after the start of fermentation it doesn't show in the calendar. Is there a way to enable this or fake out BeerSmith to show this on my calendar?

The other limitation is the calendar only shows the event name and not what to do. For example, it would be great if there was an easy way to see something like fermentation schedule temperature changes. I would expect to go to the calendar and know which beer and the action (like the temperature to change to). Current I only see the beer name and "Tertiary". Then I have to go to:

1) The recipe
2) Get the fermentation name
3) Go to the fermentation profiles
4) Open the right one up
5) Get the temperature

:-\

Thanks.

-boilover

Thanks for the suggestion - I've been wanting to rewrite the calendar module for a long time and I'll put these on my list!

Brad

I just started using the calendar and I agree that dry hopping would be a nice addition and maybe day labels at the top too. I also think it would be nice to have an export to outlook (ical) feature so I could add it to my calendar in outlook or send to a friend to help me brew. Then I can plan my days around my brewing. Otherwise love the program.

Thanks,
Tim

Back