• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

No Alarm Sound on Timer - Android

mdwood

Apprentice
Reaction score
Have been using BeerSmith for three years now, version 2.2.48, Android 5.0 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.  The timer alarm sound used to work, and about 3 or 4 brew sessions ago it stopped working.  I've read everything I could find in these forums, haven't seen any solutions.  Not sure what the app is good for if the alarm doesn't work, seems to me that's pretty much the only purpose for having it.  I suppose some people might only use the app for building recipes and such, but I own the Desktop PC software as well, and that's where I create my recipes.  Save them to the BeerSmith Cloud for brew day, and then depend on the timer for the brew day.  The last few brews I've just had to set the clock timer on my phone, hoping there's something I'm missing in my search for help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Trading emails with Brad Smith, he says he is working on this issue, also I've verified with two other friends that the alarm doesn't work on Android 5.0.  Guessing it doesn't work for anyone with 5.0.

Back