• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding items to the ingredients list?

grasmuss3

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a newbie when it comes to BeerSmith, 8)  but have been homebrewing for over 20 years.

My question is how to go about adding additional items to the fermentables list. For instance, my partial grain recipe calls for 1# of Corn Sugar and 8 oz. of Malto Dextrin. I can't seem to find those ingredients on any list.

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Hello Grassmus3.

If BS2 doesn't have the ingredient you need, you can add any ingredient to the BS2 database simply by clicking on the "Add..." button in the ribbon in BS2 Desktop.  Or in BS2 Mobile, select the ingredient you would like to add (Hops, Grain, Misc., etc.) and click the "Add" button.

In either software, you will be allowed to enter the data for the particular ingredient you are adding.  Then, when finished, go to your recipe and add the ingredient to your recipe.

Back